Landmark Community Bank
On-Line Customer Awareness and Education
Each year more and more Americans have their identify stolen and Landmark Community Bank wants to give you the information you need to help protect yourself against internet threats and other forms of online account takeovers and fraudulent electronic funds transfers. We want you to be aware of the following:
- We will never initiate a request by phone or email for sensitive information such as PIN or login information (user ID and/or password), nor will we ever request you to verify your account via e-mail.
- You can protect yourself by keeping your sensitive information such account number(s), user IDs, passwords and PIN(s) secure, and we strongly suggest that you do not share this information with anyone.
Take steps to protect yourself from online risks:
- Change passwords regularly and make them complex, (6-8 characters) mixing letters and numbers.
- Do not respond to unsolicited e-mail asking for personal information – so called "phishing" and "pharming" schemes.
- Safeguard your user ID and Password
- Remain at your computer until your on-line Banking transactions are completed and log out before visiting other internet sites.
- Review your account activity often. If you notice suspicious activity on your on-line Banking accounts, call the bank immediately.
For more information on securing your on-line information refer to the Federal Trade Commission at:
We recommend owners of business accounts periodically perform their own risk assessment and controls evaluation.
- Create a list of risks associated with On-line Banking that your business faces.
- Written passwords left in plain sight
- Simple or obvious passwords
- The possibility of internal fraud
- Create controls your business may use to mitigate these risks
- Assign individual users with complex passwords
- Conduct employee background checks
- Segregate duties so no one person has too much access.
Tell us at once if you believe your consumer account access information has been stolen or if you notice suspicious account activity or experience consumer information security related events. Contacting us via telephone is the best way of limiting possible losses on consumer accounts. Federal Regulations establish limits on consumer liabilities for unauthorized electronic fund transfers. They also provide specific steps consumers must take to help resolve errors or unauthorized activity on accounts. Review your consumer account activity and statements and promptly report any errors or unauthorized activity. For more information on these types of protections see the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure given to consumers at the time of account opening. These disclosures are also available upon request.
If you become aware of errors or suspicious activity, call or write:
Landmark Community Bank
2 South Main Street
Pittston PA 18640
Savings, Money Market & Club Accounts Landmark Community Bank offers traditional savings accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, club accounts and IRA accounts.
Checking Deposit accounts to meet all of your personal and business needs.
Online Banking Services Landmark Community Bank’s Net Teller allows you to bank from your personal computer, giving access to your bank accounts 24 hours a day.
Loans Landmark Community Bank offers a variety of home equity, personal and business loans.
At Landmark Community Bank our goal is to offer the highest customer service while establishing a long lasting relationship with you. We provide you with a high level of technology with experienced, responsive bankers to compliment and maximize your business. Landmark Community Bank offers a full range of services to accommodate all businesses. Please click on a link above to find out more about how Landmark can be "Better Business Banking" for you.